Skip to content

Suspended Drivers License – DWLS

Only $600 for court appearance

Free Phone Consultation (248) 408-7679

Suspended Drivers License – Only $600

Caught driving on a suspended license?

Do you need to get your driver’s license back?

If so, then call Kathryn Simmons – 248-408-7679.

Kathryn has over 25 years in handling driving offenses.

Kathryn is a mobile attorney and meets clients where it is convenient for you – that might be a restaurant close to where you work, live or go to school.

If you face a suspended license because you have been arrested for DWLS, drunk driving, another driving offense or have unpaid tickets, then call 248-408-7679 immediately. You must act quickly. If you have already lost the right to legally drive and you need help restoring your driving privileges, call now. Call if you were arrested while using your CDL (commercial drivers license).

Hire a successful lawyer to appeal or to restore a suspended driver’s license, Call 248-408-7679 now. Get a free consultation on your case.

A Suspended License Is Automatic If Convicted of a Drunk Driving Offense

Michigan law requires a suspended or restricted driver’s license for all drunk driving convictions. If your blood alcohol content (BAC) was .17 or above, the law requires that your driving privileges be suspended for a year. Your license will also be suspended if you refused to take a chemical breath test when a police officer asked for it. This consequence is for an arrest – not a conviction. However, you may be able to appeal this type of suspension. But, keep in mind, If you have been convicted of a DUI offense, license suspension is mandatory.

How To Head Off A Suspended License

If you are issued a REFUSAL to comply with a chemical breath test at the police station, then the license suspension begins automatically after an ARREST for OWI, OWVI or OWPD charges. You must make your application for appeal before the suspension goes into effect. And you must apply for the hearing in writing. Call me to handle this process for you, and to prepare you for the hearing itself. There are strategies for preventing or reducing the time a person might have to go without being able to drive. Following a free review of your case, I may be able to:

  • Schedule a DAAD (Drivers Assessment and Appeal Division) hearing within the required time period
  • Make the written request
  • Prepare and examine all documents to make certain they meet the requirements
  • Prepare you for any questions that might be asked at the hearing
  • At the hearing, question the police officer who made the arrest
Suspended Drivers License

A Suspended License For Too Many Points

If you have had numerous driving infractions and you exceed the maximum number of points allowed on your driving record (12 points), you will lose your driving privileges. However, it may be possible to request a “restricted” license. Call now to determine if there is a strategy to prevent your points from keeping you off the road.

A Suspended License: The Length of Time and Restrictions Can Be Negotiated

One reason people choose to have an attorney represent them on first and second DUI offenses, which are misdemeanors, is that they face a suspension. The length of the suspension is a factor in negotiating at pretrial.

Get Back Behind The Wheel

If you have landed on this page but your right to drive has already been revoked, call today. I have a 100% success rate in the past 10+ years, because I prepare thoroughly for the DAAD appeals process, and because my clients are prepped to successfully respond to any concerns that may come up during the hearing.

For legal assistance with your suspended driver’s license. Call 248-408-7679 today.

Call Kathryn Simmons if you face any DUI or driving-related issues in Lake Orion, Orion Township, Rochester Hills, Oxford, Clarkston, Auburn Hills, Waterford, Pontiac, Bloomfield Hills, Troy, Macomb County and the Oakland County Circuit Court. No legal representative or law firm can make any guarantees pertaining to the outcome of your appeal. However, at Kathryn L. Simmons PC, I can provide you with a free consultation of the details of your case, and help defend you before the courts.